If you are on the lookout for the best IP cameras in the market, then you’ll want to keep these tips in mind to make the most of what you have:
- Decide Between Indoor Or Outdoor Models – you don’t want to waste good money on weatherproofed IP cameras if you’ll just stick them indoors, and you don’t want to break the best IP cams in the market by exposing them to the elements that they can’t resist.
- Set A Strong Username And Password – preferably at least 8 characters, with at least one capitalized letter, one number and one symbol mixed in. Oh, and change the passwords every month if you want to stay secure. This is especially important if you share the login credentials with multiple people.
- Check If Your Cool IP Camera Works With An App – the best IP cameras in the market often come with their own app, which helps make streaming and remote manipulation so much easier and less of a hassle for you. Just make sure the app is first-party, though, as third-party apps could expose your login credentials to uninvolved parties.
- Regularly Check For Firmware Updates – visit the manufacturer’s website and keep tabs on the models you have on hand. Even some of the top IP cameras in the market have exploitable vulnerabilities that will stay there unless patched out with an update. It’s a hassle, yes, but definitely worth it in the long run.
- Decide Between SD And HD Quality – the top IP cams often have an option for high-definition 1080p resolutions, but you’ll need a lot more bandwidth and storage space in order to effectively work with HD footage.HD comes highly recommended when details are necessary from a distance, while SD is good enough for cameras closer to their targets.
- Pick Models With PIR Motion Detection – the most effective IP cameras activate when they sense motion – a very useful feature when guarding off-limits locations where people aren’t normally supposed to loiter around in.This is great for saving space as well – helping you reduce storage costs in the long run.
- ConsiderWired LAN-Only To Raise Security – the best IP cameras can be made even more secure by cutting them off from Internet access points. This is useful if you want the versatility of top IP cameras but don’t actually need to stream the footage over the Internet.
- Check Your Firewalls And Anti Virus Programs – some firewalls and AV programs prevent your computers from streaming (or accepting the stream) of digital cameras. If you have trouble accessing your footage online, try disabling these programs and try again.
- Search For The Factory Reset Pinhole – the best IP cameras often come with a tiny factor reset button hidden in a pinhole somewhere behind the whole setup. If you’ve messed up the setup or have completely forgotten the login credentials, then press and hold this button to set all settings back to default.
- Don’t Forget About Proper Maintenance – even the best IP cameras in the market will break down if enough dust and dirt build up around it. Make sure to regularly dust off and wipe down the cameras to prevent this from happening. Be especially careful with the lenses, as you don’t want to scratch them up with stray dust particles.
Keep all these in mind, and you’ll be able to do so much more with the best IP cameras in the market!
Looking for the best IP cameras in the market? Visit Chinavasion.com today to find ones that are not only filled with top-notch features but also come in at factory-level prices!