The rains are almost here and so is the frizzy hair season along with it. Monsoon brings out the lush and green but along with that it also brings excess humidity which really gives your hair a hard time. Given below are few essential hair care tips designed especially for the monsoon season, which you can count on without blinking an eye.
1. Avoid the rain water as much as you can: You will definitely get an urge to go out in the rain to wet yourself, pretending you were in a dramatic movie, but always remember that rain water is extremely dirty and not to mention very acidic. This is very bad for your hair, so unless you’re in a torrential downpour, keep your hair dry.
- Start shampooing twice a week: Use a mild shampoo to start your day with. Buy natural beauty products like a mild shampoo that will remove any dirt and dust particles left on your hair. If you use shampoos with too many chemicals in them, then you will understand how much more frizzy you hair will get. A good nourishing shampoo goes a very long way in giving your tresses all the nourishment it needs and also helps you in avoiding bacterial and fungal infections. Another important tip is that you must always shampoo from the root to the tip and not vice versa.
- Get a good amount of oiling: Your hair needs nothing more than a good hair massage with coconut oil or a mixture of coconut and almond oil both. The oil naturally revitalizes the moisture present in your hair and makes the dry strands soft. Apart from that, it deeply conditions your hair. A very important tip is that, you must only use the quantity of coconut oil that is required by your hair and not more than that, otherwise you will be over shampooing your hair to take out the stickiness. Over shampooing always damages hair follicles and strands.
- Stop tying your hair all the time: When tie you your hair during the monsoon season, you do it more damage than good. In a way, you invite the rain water to sit and stay inside your hair which in turn will make it limp and frizzy.
- Ditch the umbrella, buy a raincoat: Umbrellas are not as effective as you would want them to be when there is a torrential downpour. It’s best to buy a raincoat to protect your hair than struggle with an umbrella.
- Get the right comb: A wide toothed comb is the best bet you can have in the rainy season. Rainy season means more hairfall and tangled tresses. A wide toothed comb (preferably wooden) will help keep the hair healthy, and along with it will serve as an excellent conditioning comb.
- Condition your hair well: The natural beauty products online store has a number of conditioners to choose from. The best way to condition your hair is to avoid slapping too much conditioner on your hair and applying it only to the length of the hair and not the roots