A one-day tour to Petra from Eilat at 08:00.
The ancient city of Petra – the “treasure of Jordan” – is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is located about a 2-hour drive north of Aqaba.
Petra is an inheritance that has been left by the Nabateans who were brave warriors and very industrious. They were also famous for their graffiti. The Nabateans settled in southern Jordan more than 2000 years ago. Petra’s peculiarity is its wonderful location, in the heart of the desert. The city is located in the mountains, which depending on time of the day will change colors into pink, dark red, purple or orange. From the main entrance, the visitors will pass between the precipitous cliffs through the awesome Siq, a huge crack in the sandstone 1, 2 km. long.
The most famous Petra’s monument – the Treasury – is the completion of the Siq. In addition, hundreds of building, facades, crypts, baths, mourning halls, temples, and, of course, the Roman theater of three thousand seats built in the 1st century B.C., are of great interest.
After visiting Petra, you will have lunch at a local restaurant with an extensive selection of oriental dishes.
Sightseeing tour in Aqaba and return to Israel.
Estimated time of return to Eilat is 19:00
- Transportation, a driver will pick you up from your hotel, assist you at the border.
- Tour Guide, entrance fees, lunch.
- Border tax, tips, personal expenses, and private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees and tips.
- $65 border tax charge.
- Border fees may change due to currency rate changes.
- Health Insurance.
What you need to know
- Have a valid passport and landing card.
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for reservation
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money, in cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- Very warm clothing in Winter,, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in Summer.
Good walking shoes.